254 521

Cited 0 times in

Clinical characteristics of end stage renal disease patients at hemodialysis initiation

Other Title
혈액투석시작 시점에서의 말기신장질환 환자의 임상적 특징
Authors
이, 민정
Department
대학원 의학과
Degree
Master (2014)
Abstract
The starting time of renal replacement therapy (RRT) is a complicated issue, which is based on multiple factors including clinical, social and laboratory parameters. To help make decision on when to start hemodialysis in impending end stage renal disease (ESRD) patients, we investigated the clinical features of ESRD patients at the start of hemodialysis at a university hospital center in Korea. We retrospectively analyzed 409 ESRD patients who were newly started on hemodialysis treatment between January 2010 and December 2012. The most common cause of ESRD was diabetic nephropathy (48.7%), followed by biopsy-proven glomerulonephritis (11.7%). The mean eGFR at the start of hemodialysis, ranging between 5.59 – 7.82 ml/min/1.73m2 (except Nankivell equation), were significantly different according to different equations. The modified Cockcroft-Gault, the MDRD and the CKD-EPI equations showed significant correlations with all categories of chronic kidney disease complications. The main reasons to start hemodialysis were fluid overload (38.4%) and uremic symptoms (35.0%). DM patents were older and started dialysis at higher eGFR levels than non-DM patients (mean eGFR by the MDRD equation, 6.92 ± 3.63 vs 5.41 ± 2.91, p < 0.001). Hemodialysis was started in 59.2% patents through outpatient clinic or admission after outpatient clinic (OPD group), and in the remaining 40.8% patients via emergency department (ER group). In the ER group, hyperkalemia and metabolic acidosis were significantly more severe than the OPD group. We hope our study will provide valuable information on the clinical and laboratory characteristics of the patients at the time of hemodialysis initiation in our current practices.

신대체요법을 언제 시작해야 하는가?”란 물음에 답하는 것은 어려운 일이다. 신대체요법이 임박한 말기신장질환 환자에서 언제 투석을 시작할지에 대한 결정을 돕기 위하여, 본 연구에서는 한국 3차 의료기관에서 혈액투석 시작 시점에서의 말기신장질환 환자의 임상적 특징을 분석하고자 한다. 2010년 1월부터 2012년 12월까지 처음 혈액투석을 시작한 409명의 환자를 후향적으로 분석하였다. 말기신부전의 가장 흔한 원인은 당뇨병성신증 (48.7%) 였으며, 두 번째로 흔한 원인은 조직검사로 증명된 사구체신염 (11.7%)이었다. 혈액투석 시작 시점에서의 사구체 여과율은 5.59 ~ 7.82 ml/min/1.73m2 였다 (Nankivell equation 으로 계산한 사구체 여과율 제외). 이러한 사구체 여과율은 사구체 여과율 계산 공식을 어떤 것을 사용하는가에 따라 통계학적으로 유의한 차이가 있었다 (p ≤ 0.002). 다섯 가지의 사구체 여과율 공식 중에서, Modified Cockcroft-Gault 식, MDRD 식과 CKD-EPI 식이 만성신부전 합병증과 유의한 상관관계를 보였다. 특히 Modified Cockcroft-Gault 식의 경우 변동 계수 (CV; coefficient of variation)가 가장 작았으며, 이는 이 식이 본 연구의 환자들의 eGFR 값을 가장 재현성 있게 나타낸다는 것을 의미한다. 혈액투석을 시작하게 된 주된 이유는 부종 (38.4%), 요독 증세 (35.0%) 였다. 당뇨 환자는 비당뇨 환자에 비하여 더 나이가 많고, 투석 시작시 높은 사구체 여과율을 보였다. 59.2% 의 환자는 외래를 경유하여 혈액투석을 시작하였고, 40.8% 의 환자는 응급실로 내원하여 혈액투석을 시작하였다. 응급실로 내원하여 투석을 시작한 경우, 고칼륨혈증 및 대사성산증이 외래 내원하여 시작한 환자군에 비하여 더 심한 소견을 보였다. 현재 한국에서 행해지고 있는 혈액 투석 시작 시점에서의 말기신장질환 환자들의 임상적 특징 및 혈액검사 자료 등의 자료가 향후 투석 시작 시점을 결정하는데 유용한 정보가 되길 기대한다.
Keywords
Appears in Collections:
Theses > School of Medicine / Graduate School of Medicine > Master
Full Text Link
Files in This Item:
000000017447.pdfDownload
Export

qrcode

해당 아이템을 이메일로 공유하기 원하시면 인증을 거치시기 바랍니다.

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse