A Study on the relationship among inter-department rotation, job motivation and organizational commitment of nurses
간호사의 근무부서 이동이 직무동기, 조직몰입에 미치는 영향
유, 문숙; 김, 용순
Kanho Haengjŏng Hakhoe chi, 5(2):225-235, 1999
Kanho Haengjŏng Hakhoe chi; The journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society; 간호행정학회지
This study was conducted to offer a basic material for effective human resource management of nurses by studying correlations among inter-department rotation, job motivation and organizational commitment. For this study 159 nurses in a medical college hospital were surveyed. Onganization Assessment Instrument(Van de Ven. 1980) and Organizational Commitment Questionnaire (Mowday, 1919) were used. SPSS was used to analyze the data.
The results of this study are as follows
1. Nurses who had been rotated to other departments showed higher motivation scores than those who had not.
2. Nurses who had been rotated also indicated higher organizational commitment scares than those who had not.
3. There was significant positive correlationsamong nurse"s age, job motivation and organizational commitment of nurses.
4. There was significant positive correlations among nurse"s experience, job motivation and organizational commitment of nurses.
5. Inter-department rotation times were significant positive correlation with job motivation.
6. "The sense of achievement perceived form performing one"s duty" was the most important criteria that nurses consider in measuring their job motivation.
As tc the criteria for inter-department rotation, some respondents stated that it is needed when " current assignments are not suited for particular individuals" and such rotations would improve job mol;ivation and elevate the morale of nurses involved."
Many opposed using the rotations as a "means of reprimanding individuals.
In conclusion, inter-department rotation has a positve effect on the nurse"s job motivation and organizational commitment, so regular inter-department rotation have to be recommended to nurses who want rotation.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Total Visit :2,768,164
Total Download :1,129,804
Today View :1,499
Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center 164 Worldcup-ro Yeongtong-gu Suwon 16499 Korea / TEL : 031-219-5312 / FAX : 031-219-5314 Copyright (c) Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center All Rights Reserved. AJOU Open Repository는 국립중앙도서관 OAK 보급사업으로 구축되었습니다.