A Study on Risk Factors of Grain Dust-Induced Occupational Asthma in Grain Feedmill Workers
곡물사료 취급 근로자의 곡물유발 천식 위험요인에 관한 연구
김, 규상; 김, 은아; 이, 세휘; 박, 해심
Taehan Sanŏp Ŭihakhoe chi, 9(4):628-640, 1997
Taehan Sanŏp Ŭihakhoe chi; 대한산업의학회지
This study was carried out to manifest risk factors related grain dust induced asthma,
especially allergic and immunologic factors. Six grain workers first diagnosed as grain
dust induced asthma by specific antigen bronchial asthma challenge test (cases) and 37 grain workers showed negative finding (controls) in the same firm were selected.
Questionnaire survey for respiratory symptoms, interview, physical examination, PFT, methacholine bronchial hyperresponsiveness, specific challenge tests and skin prick test for four grains (grain, corn, rye and seed dust) were conducted. To evaluate the role of
specific antibodies to grain dust, we detected serum specific IgE and IgG antibodies by ELISA in 43 employees.
The results were summarized as follows :
1. Compared with the group having no respiratory symptoms, odds ratio of grain dust induced asthma with respiratory symptoms was 3.04 (95% CI 0.32-28.80).
2. Compared with the group having no ventilatory impairment, odds ratio of grain
dust induced asthma with ventilatory impairment was 0.54 (95% CI 0.06-5.21).
3. Compared with the group showed negative skin test for general respirable antigen,
odds ratio of grain dust induced asthma with atopy was 8.02 (95% CI 0.42-153.25).
4. Compared with the group showed negative finding on specific allergic skin test,
odds ratio of grain dust induced asthma with positive finding was 5.88 (95% CI 0.63-55.38).
5. In immunologic test, compared with the group not increased total IgE(<160 IU/ml),
odds ratio of grain dust induced asthma with increased group (≥ 160 IU/ml) was 4.78
(95% CI 0.50-44.57).
6. Compared with the group showed negative finding on specific IgE antibody, odds
ratio of grain dust induced asthma with positive finding was 2.63 (95% CI 0.43-16.16).
7. Compared with the group showed normal finding on nonspecific (methacholine)
bronchial hyperresponsiveness, odds ratio of grain dust induced asthma with positive
finding was 76.82(95% CI 3.37 - 1566.34).
Statistically significant odds ratio were fecund for specific skin test with grain, total IgE and nonspecific (methacholine) bronchial hyperreponsiveness.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Total Visit :2,786,242
Total Download :1,136,106
Today View :587
Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center 164 Worldcup-ro Yeongtong-gu Suwon 16499 Korea / TEL : 031-219-5312 / FAX : 031-219-5314 Copyright (c) Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center All Rights Reserved. AJOU Open Repository는 국립중앙도서관 OAK 보급사업으로 구축되었습니다.