Measurement of house dustmite-specific IgA antibody in sputum from asthmatics
기관지천식 환자의 객담내 집먼지진드기-특이 IgA항체의 측정
남, 동호; 박, 해심
Alrerugi, 17(1):25-34, 1997
Alrerugi; Journal of the Korean Society of Allergology; Korean Journal of Allergy; 알레르기
To evaulate the possible pathogenetic significance of allergen-specific IgA antibody in respiratory secretion from asthmatics, we measured house dust mite(HDM)-specific IgA antibody in 3% saline-induced sputum from 23 HDM-sensitive asthmatics, 4atopic asthmatics without mite-sensitivity, 6 non-atopic asthmatics, and 13 nonatoplc, non-asthmatic controls (including 6 non-atopic healthy controls, 4 patients with chronic bronchitis, and 3 patients with rheumatoid arthritis) by ELISA. We also measured HDM-specific IgA antibody in serum and numbers of eosinophils in sputum.
1) Levels of HDM-specific IgA antibody In sputum from mite-sensitive asthmatics
were significantly higher than those from non-atopic, non-asthmatic controls and
non-atopic asthmatics(p<0.05). Levels of HDM-specific IgA antibody in sputum from
atopic asthmatics without mitesensitivity were significantly higher than those from
non-atopic, non-asthmatic controls (p0.05).
2) The ratio of HDM-specific IgA antibody to albumin in sputum was not significantly different in mite-sensitive asthmatics with sputum eosulophila (≥5% of 200 counted leukocytes) and those without sputum eosinophilia(p>0.05).
3) The ratio of HDM-specific IgA to albumin in sputum from asthmatics was higher
than that of serum.
4) There was no significant correlation of HDM- specific IgA/albumin ratios between
serum and sputum (p>0.05).
5) When comparing sputum and saliva samples from 7 mite-sensitive asthmatics,
levels of HDM-specific IgA antibody in sputum were significantly higher than those in saliva (p<0.05).
In conclusion, HDM-specific IgA anti-body was increased in sputum from HDM-sensitive asthmatics, and it might be locally produced from bronchial mucosa. To evaluate the pathogenetic significance of allergen-specific IgA antibody in respiratory
secretion from asthmatics, further studies might be needed.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Total Visit :2,770,810
Total Download :1,130,654
Today View :592
Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center 164 Worldcup-ro Yeongtong-gu Suwon 16499 Korea / TEL : 031-219-5312 / FAX : 031-219-5314 Copyright (c) Ajou University Medical Information & Media Center All Rights Reserved. AJOU Open Repository는 국립중앙도서관 OAK 보급사업으로 구축되었습니다.