151 383

Cited 0 times in

Alimentary Tract : Relapse Rates of Ulcerative Colitis in Remission and Factors Related to Relapse

Other Title
위장관 : 관해기 궤양성 대장염의 재발률 및 재발 관련 인자들
Authors
박, 병준; 이, 광재; 황, 재철; 신, 성재; 정, 재연; 조, 성원
Citation
The Korean journal of gastroenterology, 52(1):21-26, 2008
Journal Title
The Korean journal of gastroenterology; Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi
ISSN
1598-99922233-6869
Abstract
Background/Aims: Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease with heterogeneous clinical features. Data on the disease course and prognosis of UC patients who have been regularly treated are lacking. We aimed to investigate relapse rates of UC in remission and factors related to relapse.



Methods: We retrospectively analyzed clinical courses of 84 patients (43 males, median age 43 years, ranged 20-73 years) diagnosed as UC at Ajou University Hospital between January 1997 and December 2005 based on clinical, endoscopic and pathologic findings, and who were regularly followed for at least one year after the remission.



Results: Study subjects consisted of 32 proctitis (38%), 21 left-sided colitis (25%), and 31 subtotal or total colitis (37%). Of 84 patients, relapse was observed in 52 patients (62%) during the follow-up period (ranged 1-9 years). The relapse rate was 24%, 41%, 51%, 65%, 71%, and 79% at 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years and 6 years, respectively. Among sex, age, hemoglobin, ESR, and the extent of disease on admission, decrease of hemoglobin level was the only independent factor related to relapse (odds ratio=2.67, 95% CI (1.32-5.42), p<0.01).



Conclusions: In Korea, relapse of UC in remission is not rare. Decrease of hemoglobin level is an independent risk factor related to its relapse, while the extent of disease is not.

목적: 궤양성 대장염으로 장기간 치료받아 온 환자를 대상으로 재발률 및 재발에 관련된 인자들을 알아보고자 하였다.



대상 및 방법: 대상 환자는 아주대학교병원에서 임상,내시경, 그리고 조직 소견을 통해 궤양성 대장염으로 확진된 환자들로, 약물치료를 통해서 관해를 성공적으로 유도한 후 1년 이상 규칙적으로 추적된 84명의 환자들을 대상으로 하였다. 재발은 증상 및 내시경검사를 통해서 확인하였으며 질환 활동 점수가 2 이하인 경우를 관해로 정의하였다. 재발률 및 재발률의 비교는 각각 Kaplan-Meyer 방법 및 Cox’sregression model을 사용하였다.



결과: 중앙 추적기간 4년(1-9년) 동안에 84명 중 52명(62%)에서 1회 이상 재발하였다. 누적 재발률은 관찰 기간 1년, 2년, 3년, 4년, 5년, 6년에 서 각각 24%, 41%, 51%, 65%, 71%, 79%였다. 연령, 성별, 병변의 범위 및 적혈구 침강 속도는 재발률과 유의한 관련이 없었으나 혈색소가 11 g/dL 미만인 환자들은 그렇지 않은 환자들에 비해 유의하게 재발률이 높았다[odds ratio=2.67, 95% confidence interval (1.32-5.42), p<0.01].



결론: 우리나라 궤양성 대장염 환자들, 특히 병원에서 비교적 규칙적으로 유지요법을 받아 온 환자들에서의 재발률은 낮지 않으며, 처음 진단 당시의 병변의 범위에 상관없이 재발률을 낮추기 위한 유지요법이 필요할 것으로 보인다. 한편 혈색소 감소가 궤양성 대장염의 재발과 관련된 유의한 인자였다.
Keywords
궤양성대장염재발률빈혈UlcerativecolitisRelapserateAnemia
Appears in Collections:
Journal Papers > School of Medicine / Graduate School of Medicine > Gastroenterology
AJOU Authors
이, 광재황, 재철정, 재연조, 성원
Full Text Link
Files in This Item:
21-26.pdfDownload
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML

qrcode

해당 아이템을 이메일로 공유하기 원하시면 인증을 거치시기 바랍니다.

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse