281 454

Cited 0 times in

Simplified prognostic factor scoring system in patients with lymph node-negative stage IB-IIA cervical cancer

DC Field Value Language
dc.contributor.author김, 호연-
dc.contributor.author류, 미옥-
dc.contributor.author윤, 종혁-
dc.contributor.author장, 석준-
dc.contributor.author장, 기홍-
dc.contributor.author유, 희석-
dc.description.abstractObjective: The aim of this study is to apply a prognostic factor scoring system in patients with lymph node-negative stage IB - IIA cervical cancer.

Methods: One hundred and ninety-one stage IB - IIA cervical cancer patients were enrolled in this retrospective study from 1994 to 2005 in our gynecologic department. All patients were treated by radical abdominal hysterectomy with lymph node dissection, and there were no patients with involvement of lymph nodes or parametrial invasion. Statistical analysis comprised of clinical characteristics, pathology result, post-operative adjuvant therapy, and recurrence rate.

Results: Among the 191 patients, recurrence occurred in 9 patients (4.7%), while no recurrence was observed in the remaining 182 patients (95.3%). No significant difference was found between the two study groups in terms of average age, weight, parity, FIGO stage, and postoperative adjuvant therapy. After univariate analysis, tumor size and deep stromal invasion were factors found to be statistically significant for risk of recurrence. Cell type, close surgical margin, lymphovascular permeation were not significant factors. Multivariate analysis demonstrated deep stromal invasion was the only significant prognostic factor (RR=11.7, p=0.028). The scoring system was applied to tumor size, close surgical margin, and deep stromal invasion, 1, 1, and 2 points given for each factor, respectively. Using the ROC curve, based on 2 points as the cut-off level, the recurrence rate was significantly higher (p<0.0025).

Conclusion: Deep stromal invasion was the most important prognostic factor in patients with early stage cervical cancer in the absence of lymph node metastasis. Herein, the scoring system may be applied to predict disease outcome.
dc.description.abstract목적: 광범위 자궁절제술 및 림프절절제술을 시행 받고 림프절 전이가 없는 것으로 확인된 초기 자궁경부암 환자에서 재발 위험 인자에 대한 scoring system을 적용하여 예후를 알아보고자 하였다.

연구방법: 1994년부터 2005년까지 본원 산부인과에서 stage IB~IIA 자궁경부암으로 진단받고 광범위 자궁절제술 및 림프절절제술을 시행 받은 환자들 중, 림프절 전이 및 자궁방 침윤이 없는 것으로 확인된 191명을 대상으로 후향적 연구를 진행하였다. 임상적 양상, 병리적 소견, 술후 보조적 치료, 재발 여부를 확인하였으며 통계적 분석을 시행하였다.

결과: 191명의 환자 중 재발은 9예 (4.7%)에서 있었고 나머지 182명 (95.3%)에서는 재발이 없었다. 환자들의 평균 나이, 체중, 분만력, FIGO 병기, 수술 후 보조적 치료 여부는 양군간에 차이가 없었다. 단변량 분석에서는 조직병리학적 인자로서 종양 크기와 심부 기질 침윤이 통계적으로 유의한 재발 위험 인자였고 세포유형, 수술 절단면 근접 침윤, 림프혈관계 침윤 등은 유의성이 없었으며, 다변량 분석 결과 심부 기질 침윤이 가장 중요한 예후 인자로 나타났다 (RR=11.7, P=0.028). 재발 위험 인자 중 종양 크기, 수술 절단면 근접 침윤, 심부 기질 침윤이 있을 경우 scoring system을 적용하였고 ROC 곡선을 이용, 2점을 기준점으로 삼아 분석하였을 때 2점 이상에서 재발율이 유의하게 높았다 (p<0.0025).

결론: 림프절 전이가 없는 초기 자궁경부암에서 심부 기질 침윤이 가장 중요한 예후인자로 확인되었으며, 재발 위험 인자의 scoring system를 예후 예측인자로 사용할 수 있을 것으로 보인다.
dc.titleSimplified prognostic factor scoring system in patients with lymph node-negative stage IB-IIA cervical cancer-
dc.title.alternative림프절 전이가 없는 초기 자궁경부암 환자에서 재발 위험 인자에 대한 scoring system-
dc.subject.keywordcervical cancer-
dc.subject.keywordlymph node metastasis-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor윤, 종혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor장, 석준-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor장, 기홍-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor유, 희석-
dc.type.localJournal Papers-
dc.citation.titleTaehan Sanbuinkwa Hakhoe chi-
dc.citation.titleKorean journal of obstetrics and gynecology-
dc.identifier.bibliographicCitationTaehan Sanbuinkwa Hakhoe chi, 50(6):893-900, 2007-
Appears in Collections:
Journal Papers > School of Medicine / Graduate School of Medicine > Medical Science
Journal Papers > School of Medicine / Graduate School of Medicine > Obstetrics & Gynecology
Files in This Item:
Korean journal of obstetrics and gynecology_50(6)_893-900.pdfDownload


해당 아이템을 이메일로 공유하기 원하시면 인증을 거치시기 바랍니다.

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.